U.S. Nonimmigrant Visas

Our Immigration Lawyers can assist you with Nonimmigrant Visas of all classifications

In order to be admitted into the United States, a foreigner needs either an immigrant visa or a nonimmigrant visa. Non immigrant visas generally are for purposes of temporary employment or for schooling in the United States.

Why a U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa may be right for you

A U.S. Non immigrant Visa allows foreigners that have no immigrant intent, to enter the United States for limited period of time.

The selection of nonimmigrant visas include B-1/B-2 visas for visitors, C-1/D Visas for crewmen, F Visas for students, H visas for employment and J visas for exchange visitors. Each visa has its own respective criteria and application process. Keep in mind that if you have immigrant intent and you nonetheless apply for non immigrant visa, it is considered misrepresentation and may result in a permanent bar from entry into the United States.

A Temporary Work Visa the Way to Go if You Are Seeking Employment in the U.S

A temporary work visa allows someone to lawfully work in the United States for a limited period of time. In order to obtain a temporary work visa, the prospective employer should file a nonimmigrant petition with the Department of Homeland Security. The application process is complex and lengthy so it is highly advised that the application be completed by an experience immigration attorney. The temporary work visa is only valid as long as the beneficiary is still employed with the company that petitioned for him/her. The following is a list of common temporary work visas:

  • E-1: This visa is for treaty traders and qualified employees;
  • E-2: Treaty investors and qualified employees;
  • H-1B: This is perhaps the most common temporary work visa. This visa is for workers in a specialty occupation;
  • L-1A: This nonimmigrant, temporary work visa is for intracompany transferees in management or executive positions;
  • R-1: Certain religious workers are eligible for temporary work visas in the U.S.

Immigration attorneys of the Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal are knowledgeable and experienced in all non immigrant visa applications

Obtaining U.S. non immigrant visa is by no means an easy process. Improper completion of a Petition for Non immigrant Worker can ruin one's chances of ever being allowed in the United States. Similarly, many applicants seeking visitor visas have been permanently banned from entering the United States. So if it is an application for a temporary work visa or one for a visitor visa, be sure to seek out an experience immigration attorney that will file the form accurately and without undue delay.

Status under a non immigrant visa classification can change to a different non immigrant classification

Often times a foreigner enters the U.S. on an F-1 student, non immigrant visa to attend undergraduate or graduate school in the United States. Once the schooling is completed, the student may then want to apply for a temporary work visa, such as an H-1B visa. Therefore, it is essential that the applicant seek an immigration attorney that would carefully review any immigration history and eligibility requirements in order to successfully change the applicant's status from a student visa to a temporary work visa.

Can you be fined with $1600 for missing a license plate decal?

Work Visas

There is a variety of employment visas available to individuals seeking to come to the United States to work. These visas can be temporary or permanent in nature. At The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, PLLC, we strive to provide comprehensive legal services to those wishing to obtain U.S. work visas.

Can you be fined with $1600 for missing a license plate decal?

Student Visas

Contrary to all appearances and often harsh treatment individuals seeking to study in the United States may run into during their interaction with the U.S. Consulates abroad, U.S. Immigration Law and the underlying policy its carries out favors foreigners seeking educational opportunities in the USA. Such education provides a great deal of interaction between cultures, helps foster better academic and on-job training of foreign professionals and contributes to the World’s economy as well as that of the United States of America.

Can you be fined with $1600 for missing a license plate decal?

Travel Visas

International visitors are welcomed in the USA as they are very beneficial to this country’s economy, cultural standing and prestige, educational development and many other aspects of life. As a general rule U.S. Government maintains open door policy regardless of the political party in power. At the same time, and especially so after the tragedy of September the 11th, 2001, national security has become paramount making striking the balance between the open door policy and national security into a constant daily struggle for this country, its Government and People.

Can you be fined with $1600 for missing a license plate decal?

Special Programs

The first two are administered by USCIS while the third one by USICE's litigation department known as The Office of the Principal Legal Adviser (OPLA). The Secretary of Homeland Security may designate a foreign country for TPS due to conditions in the country that temporarily prevent the country's nationals from returning safely, or in certain circumstances, where the country is unable to handle the return of its nationals adequately. USCIS may grant TPS to eligible nationals of certain countries (or parts of countries), who are already in the United States.