The Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) released its updated processing times as of September 1, 2016. As of that date, the average processing time for the review of all forms is six months or less. However, the AAO may take longer than six months due to factors beyond its control or for especially complex cases.
AAO Case Processing Times as of September 1, 2016
- Matter of W-Y-U-, 27 I&N Dec. 17 (BIA 2017): Contested Motions to Administratively Close or Recalendar Proceedings
- GAO Report on Case Backlogs in Immigration Courts
- Determining When L1A Beneficiary Will Manage an "Essential Function"
- The Supreme Court Grants Review of DAPA Case
- Matter of Richmond, 26 I&N Dec. 779 (BIA 2016): Facts and Decision