Resources on Adjustment for Former Conditional Permanent Residents

An alien is prohibited from applying for adjustment of status under section 245(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) while he or she is a conditional permanent resident. However, if an alien who was admitted to the United States as a conditional resident status has his or her conditional permanent resident status terminated, the alien may apply for adjustment of status under section 245(a). We discuss the rules governing adjustment of status for aliens whose conditional permanent resident status was terminated in an article posted to our section on Adjustment of Immigration Status — “Adjustment of Status for Conditional Permanent Residents Who Lose Status.” Please see our full article [see article] to learn more about this issue.