H3 Visa

H3 visaThe H3 trainee visa category is for an alien seeking entry into the USA to engage in short-term training that is not available in his or her home country. A petitioner must demonstrate on the H3 visa application that the H3 trainee visa applicant and the H3 training visa program meet all of the requirements for H3 status.

In addition to the general H3 training visa program, there is a special H3 visa program for up to 50 special education exchange visitors each year. The H3 visa application process and H3 visa requirements are slightly different for H3 visa special education exchange visitors than for regular H3 trainee visa petitions.

Our website explains H3 visa requirements, the H3 visa application process, and the rules for being in the USA with an H3 trainee visa.

H3 Visa: Special Education Exchange Visitor Program

Section 223 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (IMMACT90) created a special education exchange visitor program that allows for up to 50 special education teachers to be granted H3 visas to receive special training and experience in the United States each year. Although this program is processed under the H3 category, the rules and regulations regarding the program are generally distinct from the rest of the H3 category.

Overview of H3 Visas for Trainees

The H3 nonimmigrant visa category is for aliens who are coming to the United States to participate in a training program. The H3 visa is not available for any program that is designed primarily to provide productive employment. The H3 visa is not available for graduate medical training. In this article, we will look at the eligibility requirements for H3 trainee status, the application process, and the rules while on H3 trainee status.

B1 Status: Aliens Normally Classifiable as H1 or H3

The B1 nonimmigrant visa classification exists for certain visitors travelling to the United States for business. Situations in which a B1 visa is appropriate are outlined in the Department of State’s (DOS’s) Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM). In this article, we will use the FAM to examine situations in which an alien normally classifiable as an H1 or H3 nonimmigrant may instead be eligible for a B1 visa.