The DHS provided advance notice of its new rule expanding provisional stateside unlawful presence waivers. Previously, only the beneficiaries of approved immediate relative petitions could be eligible for a provisional unlawful presence waiver. In the new rule, slated for publication on July 29, 2016, all persons who are statutorily eligible for an unlawful presence waiver may seek a provisional unlawful presence waiver, provided they meet the conditions in the new rules.
Advance Notice of New Rules on Provisional Stateside Unlawful Presence Waivers
- DHS Rescinds DACA Memo - The Reasoning and Implementation of the Decision
- Readmission of Asylees and Refugees After International Travel
- Traveling on Advance Parole With Adjustment of Status Pending
- H1 and L1 Travel with Adjustment of Status Pending
- TPS Benefits Automatically Extended for Six Months for Guinea/Liberia/Sierra Leone in Advance of Termination