USCIS Accepting Credit Card Payments for 41 Fee-Based Forms


On February 14, 2018, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it will begin accepting credit card payments for most USCIS forms [PDF version]. In this post, we will briefly examine the new policy.

Which Forms are Covered?

The credit card payment option will be available for the 41 fee-based forms processed at USCIS Lockbox facilities. Please see the following PDF for a list of USCIS lockbox facility forms: [PDF version].

How to Pay?

The USCIS will accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover for credit card payments, where applicable. In order to pay by credit card, the applicant will have to use the Form G-1450, Application for Credit Card Transaction. We have uploaded the 01/04/18 edition of the Form G-1450 for reference purposes only: [PDF version].

How are Payments Processed?

USCIS will enter the applicant's information on the Form G-1450 into the system. The system is operated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. After entering the information from the Form G-1450, the USCIS will destroy the Form in order to protect the applicant's credit card information.

No Change for Forms Where Credit Card Option Was Already Available

Applicants for naturalization and applicants for renewing or replacing permanent resident cards were already permitted to use a credit card when filing online. The USCIS began accepting credit card payments for naturalization forms filed at USCIS lockbox facilities in 2015. The new policies present no changes for naturalization applicants or those seeking to renew or replace a permanent resident card online.


The USCIS's new policy will provide another payment option for applicants filing certain USCIS forms. When filing any form with the USCIS, it is important to carefully read the form instructions and ensure that you are using the current version of the form. One may consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case-specific questions.