USCIS to Transfer Certain H1B Extension of Stay-Related Petitions from NSC to CSC

Alexander J. Segal's picture

On June 1, 2017, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services announced that it will transfer a selection of the following pending H1B-related extension of stay petitions from the Nebraska Service Center to the California Service Center [link].

  • Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker (for petitioners requesting an Extension of Stay for the H1B classification); and
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, filed together with the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (for petitioners requesting an Extension of Stay for an H1B worker to continue with the same employer).

Transfer Certain H1B Extension

If the USCIS transfers a petition, it will send a transfer notice to the petitioner. Transfers are routine, and are not supposed to in any way negatively affect case processing. Please see our full article to learn about workload transfers in general [see article].