The USCIS announced that, effective October 5, 2016, it increased the validity period for initial or renewal EADs for asylum applicants from one year to two years. The change applies to those with pending asylum claims under category (c)(8) on the Form I-765. The change applies to all such applications that are pending on or filed after October 5, 2016.
USCIS Extends Validity Period of Initial or Reneal EADs for Asylum Applicants
- New Immigrants May Open USCIS Online Account After Payment of USCIS Immigrant Fee
- USCIS and the 30/60 Day Rule, and the Effect of Preconceived Intent on Adjustment of Status
- USCIS Recommends Allowing Haiti's TPS Designation to Terminate
- Replacing an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- "Same or Similar" Occupational Classification Requirement for I-140 Portability