The USCIS announced that, effective October 5, 2016, it increased the validity period for initial or renewal EADs for asylum applicants from one year to two years. The change applies to those with pending asylum claims under category (c)(8) on the Form I-765. The change applies to all such applications that are pending on or filed after October 5, 2016.
USCIS Extends Validity Period of Initial or Reneal EADs for Asylum Applicants
- USCIS Announces that it will Create a Streamlined U Visa Parole Policy in FY 2017
- Expedited Processing of USCIS Applications and Petitions
- USCIS and the 30/60 Day Rule, and the Effect of Preconceived Intent on Adjustment of Status
- USCIS Reissuing Receipt Notices to Ceratin EAD Renewal Applicants Who Revived Automatic Extensions
- "Same or Similar" Draft Memorandum for I-140 Portability and AILA's Comments