The Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) released its average processing times as of November 1, 2016. The average processing times as of that date are 6 months or less for all forms except for the Form I-212, Application to Reapply for Admission, and the Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Inadmissibility (7 months in both cases). However, the AAO may take longer in specific cases due to factors beyond its control (for example, due to an incomplete case record) or for especially complex cases that require additional review.
Updated Administrative Appeals Offices Processing Times (as of Nov. 1, 2016)
- USCIS Publishes Updated Form G-1055, Fee Schedule
- Updated Affirmative Asylum Scheduling Bulletin
- USCIS Releases Updated Edition of Form I-131
- Attorney General Vacates 2008 AG Decision in Silva-Trevino I (Article from 2015)
- FAM Update: Length of Stay Increased for Certain B1 Personal/Domestic Employees