Depending on the nonimmigrant visa category and the country from which a nonimmigrant visa renewal is sought, certain applicants may be eligible to renew recently expired nonimmigrant visas without a visa interview. We will post a Russian-language article about Russia-specific interview waivers in the near future.
The Interview Waiver Program and Drop Box Submissions
- U.S. Mission in Russia Announces Suspensions and Delays for NIV Processing in Russia (effective Aug. 23, 2017)
- Visa Interview Waivers and Drop Box Submissions
- President Trump Does Away With Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant Interview Target
- New Rules for Interpreters at USCIS Interviews (Effective May 1, 2017)
- Reports Indicate that USCIS Will Implement New Interview Requirements on Certain AOS Applicants