The Department of Homeland Security published a final rule titled “Retention of EB-1, EB2- and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting High-Skilled Nonimmigrant Workers,” (81 FR 82398). The rule includes important new rules regarding AC21 provisions involving certain nonimmigrant workers who are the beneficiaries of approved immigrant visa petitions. It also changes certain rules relating to H1B portability. The final rules will take effect on January 17, 2017. We will upload a series of articles discussing the new rules in advance of their taking effect.
Important New DHS Rule Relating to AC21 Interpretation Taking Effect on Jan. 17
- Post-Adoption Reporting Requirements for Kazakhstan
- Supreme Court Schedules Three Important Immigration Cases for Argument in Early October
- Important Settlement Agreement for Detainees at Two Major ICE Detention Facilities
- An Important Decision for the Attorney-Client Relationship
- Voisine v. U.S.: Question of Whether "Crime of Violence" Includes "Reckless Conduct"