On July 28, 2016, the EOIR published a proposed rule (81 FR 49556) that sets to create standards for reopening immigration proceedings based on ineffective assistance of counsel claims. The EOIR will accept public comments on the proposal until September 26, 2016. The EOIR will take the comments into account in publishing a final rule.
EOIR Publishes Proposed Rule on Reopening Based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel
- EOIR Establishes New YouTube Channel for Stakeholders
- AG Sessions Appoints James McHenry as Acting Director of EOIR
- EOIR Releases New Final Rule on Recognition of Organizations and Accreditation of Non-Attorney Representatives
- EOIR Issues Reminder Regarding Fraud and Abuse Prevention Program
- EOIR Announces Investiture of Nine New Immigration Judges