On July 28, 2016, the EOIR published a proposed rule (81 FR 49556) that sets to create standards for reopening immigration proceedings based on ineffective assistance of counsel claims. The EOIR will accept public comments on the proposal until September 26, 2016. The EOIR will take the comments into account in publishing a final rule.
EOIR Publishes Proposed Rule on Reopening Based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel
- New Sessions Memo for EOIR on Timely and Effective Adjudication of Immigration Cases
- AG Sessions Appoints James McHenry as Acting Director of EOIR
- EOIR Announces Investiture of Nine New Immigration Judges
- EOIR Establishes New YouTube Channel for Stakeholders
- Fees for EOIR Forms Filed in Immigration Court or Before the BIA