On July 28, 2016, the EOIR published a proposed rule (81 FR 49556) that sets to create standards for reopening immigration proceedings based on ineffective assistance of counsel claims. The EOIR will accept public comments on the proposal until September 26, 2016. The EOIR will take the comments into account in publishing a final rule.
EOIR Publishes Proposed Rule on Reopening Based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel
- EOIR Releases New Final Rule on Recognition of Organizations and Accreditation of Non-Attorney Representatives
- EOIR Announces New Appointments in November 2015
- AG Sessions Appoints James McHenry as Acting Director of EOIR
- EOIR Announces Appointment of New Administrative Law Judge at the OCAHO
- Fees for EOIR Forms Filed in Immigration Court or Before the BIA