On Apr. 1, 2011, the DHS limited removals to Haiti to those with final orders of removal who were either convicted of a particularly serious crime or who posed a national security threat. On Sep. 22, 2016, the DHS announced that it would treat enforcement decisions with regard to Haitian nationals consistent with standard practice. The move does not affect Haitians on TPS or those who have resided continuously in the USA since Jan. 12, 2011.
DHS Resumes Normal Treatment of Enforcement Decisions for Haitian Nationals
- Premium Processing of H1B Petitions to be Temporarily Suspended Starting April 3, 2017
- USCIS Resumes Premium Processing of Certain Cap-Exempt H1B Petitions (and other updates)
- USCIS Resumes Premium Processing for Conrad 30 and Interested Government Agency Waiver H1B Petitions
- Archived Articles: The 2017 Suspension of H1B Premium Processing
- USCIS Resumes Premium Processing Service for H1B Petitions Subject to FY 2018 Cap