On Sep. 19, the DHS Inspector General (IG) released a report that found that the USCIS improperly granted citizenship to at least 858 persons from “special interest countries” who had been previously ordered deported or removed under another name. The IG explained that the errors were the result of missing fingerprint records.
DHS Inspector General Finds Persons Ordered Deported/Removed Were Improperly Granted Citizenship
- DHS OIG Report Finds Waste in Administering Polygraph Exams to CBP Job Applicants
- DHS OIG Completes Three Rounds of Unannounced Inspections of CBP/ICE Detention Facilities
- Senator James Lankford's "Federal Fumbles" Covers Example of ICE Waste
- DHS OIG and USCIS Issue Scam Alerts
- EOIR Appoints New Acting Deputy Director