In the Matter of Ibarra, 26 I&N Dec. 809 (BIA 2016), the BIA held that INA aggravated felony provision for a “theft offense” in sec 101(a)(43)(G) includes extortionate takings. The Board found that a California statute for robbery by force or fear is categorically an aggravated felony theft offense under INA 101(a)(43)(G).
Board Issues Precedent Decision in the Matter of Ibarra, 26 I&N Dec. 809 (BIA 2016)
- Matter of D-R-, 27 I&N Dec. 105 (BIA 2017): Analysis of "Assisted, or Otherwise Participated In" a Extrajudicial Killing
- Matter of Keeley, 27 I&N Dec. 146 (BIA 2017): Clarifying Scope of Aggravated Felony Rape
- Matter of Izaguirre, 27 I&N Dec. 67 (BIA 2017): Adam Walsh Act Applies to Offenses Where Police Officer Poses as a Minor
- Matter of J-A-B- & I-J-V-A-, 27 I&N Dec. 168 (BIA 2017): IJ Cannot Terminate Proceedings for Asylum Application
- Matter of W-Y-U-, 27 I&N Dec. 17 (BIA 2017): Contested Motions to Administratively Close or Recalendar Proceedings