In the Matter of Ibarra, 26 I&N Dec. 809 (BIA 2016), the BIA held that INA aggravated felony provision for a “theft offense” in sec 101(a)(43)(G) includes extortionate takings. The Board found that a California statute for robbery by force or fear is categorically an aggravated felony theft offense under INA 101(a)(43)(G).
Board Issues Precedent Decision in the Matter of Ibarra, 26 I&N Dec. 809 (BIA 2016)
- Matter of M-B-C-, 27 I&N Dec. 31 (BIA 2017) -- Burden for Establishing Eligibility for Relief from Removal
- Matter of Deang, 27 I&N Dec. 57 (BIA 2017): Mens Rea Requirement for Agg Felony Receipt of Stolen Property
- Matter of Alday-Dominguez, 27 I&N Dec. 48 (BIA 2017): Analysis of "Receipt of Stolen Property" in Agg. Felony Theft Context
- Matter of L-T-P-, 26 I&N Dec. 862 (BIA 2016): Determining When Cuban Paroled After Mariel Boatlift Entered as a Refugee
- Matter of W-Y-U-, 27 I&N Dec. 17 (BIA 2017): Contested Motions to Administratively Close or Recalendar Proceedings