On August 8, 2016, the BIA invited interested parties to file amicus briefs regarding whether there is a duress exception to the persecutor of others bars to asylum (INA 208(b)(2)(A)(i)) and to withholding of removal (INA 241(b)(3)(B)(i)). The BIA will be accepting amicus briefs until September 7, 2016.
BIA Amicus Invitation Amicus Invitation No. 16-08-08 Invites Briefs on Duress Exception to Persecutor Bar
- U.S. DOS Immigrant Visa Decisions Should Be Reviewable By Courts
- Board of Immigration Appeals Requests Amicus Briefs on the Material Support Bar
- Matter of Silva Trevino III: New Approach to Determining Whether Conviction is for a CIMT
- Mata v. Lynch - Courts Have Jurisdiction to Review BIA Denials of Motions to Reopen Where Montion was Untimely
- Demore v. Kim, 538 US 510, 123 (S. Ct. 2003)